Monday, February 15, 2010

Mardi Gras at Orange Beach

Just got back from a fun trip to Orange Beach with my friend Katie and her kids. We left Thursday right after the boys got out of school and can you believe they were predicting snow? We thought nah! there won't be a problem. Well, we got down to the condo at about 6pm and our husbands were suppose to come the following night after work. Well, plans had to change. Friday brought a snow storm that covered the state of Alabama and the guys couldn't travel down. We had the news playing all day just hoping the weatherman would say something different, but as time went on the forecast just got worse. It was so ironic that all the facebook comments were so excited about the snow, but there we sat at the beach dreaming of sunshine. But unfortunately the snow wasn't even the worst of it. Hudson, Ryan's friend, got the stomach bug. So the boys didn't get to play much at first. It was a long day for them, but hey...I rather be at the beach in the cold than stuck at home.

Saturday was like the seasons changed! The sunshine came out and it was absolutely gorgeous! Hudson still wasn't 100% but the kids played with a thousand toys at the condo and we managed to have a great time. The guys decided to come on down and got there around 3pm. That evening there was a Mardi Gras parade and it was wonderful. Very family friendly. The kids had a blast catching all the beads and toys and stuffed animals that the paraders would throw from the floats. We told Ryan he could be as loud as he wanted and he was! He screamed and whistled and waved at the floats and they threw a ton of stuff! Even Aiden was having a good time. I hate that I didn't get better pictures. We all got caught up in the fun of it. Afterwards the boys had so much bling they didn't know what to do with it all!

Sunday was time to come home and it was another gorgeous day. We made a stop at the Shark Store so the kids could get a Valentine souvenir. Ryan is obsessed with Sharks so he got a hammerhead puppet shark and a big one that he calls Jaws. We ate lunch at Lamberts-Home of the Throwed Rolls, and the kids had a blast. I guess I should say we all are kids, bc we all enjoyed ourselves. It was time to head back to the 'ham but we lingered by shopping at the Outlets and then of course any trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to Walmart half way back. I had to buy a new blow dryer to have at home bc mine exploded the second day of the trip. Ryan of course had to make a detour through the toy section since it was Valentine's Day. Scott and I had promised each other to not spend anything on V-day this year bc we are trying to pinch and save to buy a new house. I mean I made him promise! Well, when we got home he had roses waiting for me! I of course melted, but scolded "You promised!" He said he saw them in the store and was talking to an older man saying that we promised not to get each other anything. Well, the old man said "Its a trap son, they always want something!" So Scott got them for me! I laughed so hard, I couldn't be upset! They are quite beautiful! I love my men! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day too!

No comments: