Friday, June 11, 2010

The Pursuit continues....

Scott has been working on the shower A LOT lately. I'm so impressed that he has been doing this himself with the help of some friends. He has really taken it on and is getting it done and let me just say it is a chore! I haven't really lifted a finger since the demo. My job has been to keep the boys wrangled and out of Daddy's way. Even still Scott is good about letting the boys feel like they are helping. I'll admit, I'm a little more task oriented and just want to get the job done. But he is so patient he will let Ryan get in there with his protective gear and feel like he is really a part of it.


While he has been working on the shower so much, I have been reading. It's been really nice after the boys are in bed and Scott is working away, I have had some silence (minus a few hammering thuds.) I love to read, but I go in spurts where I read a whole lot and then take a break and then read a whole lot and the cycle repeats. Right now, I'm participating in the church Summer reading program so it's been great timing. I just finished Crazy Love by Francis Chan tonight and was so stunned. I feel like the author was in my brain. Don't you just love books like that? I mean I have made some of the exact statements recently to Scott and I didn't even know what this book was about when I first heard of it. Anyway, I want to finish my post with a prayer from page 99 that I believe is a quote from The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer.

Oh God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away."
Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long."


If any of you read the book...let me know what you think of it! It was very challenging.

No comments: