Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day in the Life...

"What are we gonna do for fun today, Mama?" were the first words I heard this morning from Ryan. Each day he wakes up ready to go somewhere fun. Its cute but also exhausting because I am so not a morning person. Anyway, I struggled trying to come up with something because I knew it would be so hot. I mean what is a gal to do with 2 boys, with no money, and not be outside? Well here is what we came up with: We made our way to the Library first for some face painting and story time. After that he asked, "so what else are we going to do?" I'm feeling a lesson in being satisfied with what you get is in the near future. But I pulled another surprise out of my bag of tricks and decided to take him to the pet store. We don't have pets and never need to go there so it was like a mini-zoo trip for us. Even Aiden got into seeing the dogs get shaved. After lunch Aiden went down for a nap, but Ryan, the non-stop entertainment starved child, wanted something else, so we went outside and played in the slip n' slide. Now that we are sun-crisps, but all cleaned up we are having story time. Only after we read some books he decides he wants to tell the story. He likes to do this ALL the time and I try to record a few for years to come. Here is one of his latest. I left all verb tenses and phrases as he told it.

The Cowboys that Ride on the Desert -by Ryan Thomas

Once upon a time there was cowboys riding their cowboy horses. There names were Golden Star, and Fire Flame. They road along the desert until the horse fell into some cactus and the cowboy got off the horse and pulled the needles off. They found a little cabin but when they got up closer it wasn’t really a cabin. It was a mirage (you know mom....those sunwaves.) They went “uhh what just happened? Did that cabin disappear?” They said “come on ride ‘em cowboy, ride ‘em cowboy.” Get on your horse let’s finish this race, cause those slowpokes are not gonna win. We’re gonna win! ...The End

And that is a five year old boy's train of thought! I love him so!

No comments: