Monday, February 28, 2011

It happened so fast!

I couldn't believe that this morning I put my baby on the bus! Many of his friends have been riding the bus all year but I just wasn't ready. I mean, he is only in kindergarten! What's the rush right? Well, he's been begging for a while to ride the bus, and we do know the bus driver so we bit the bullet and signed him up.

And yes, I was that crazy mom with a camera out there taking his picture as he got on. He was so excited that he got on so fast and didn't even look back! I couldn't even get his face in the picture. Before I knew it the bus was pulling away and I had tears streaming down my face! Our neighbor has a 4th grade girl that has been coming over to play with Ryan a lot. She said she would let Ryan sit with her. She was sitting out on her porch as I was coming in and she said she took pictures on her daughter's first day too!



It was also character dressup day today. Well, we had a tough time, because I ended up getting sick Friday night and all Saturday. Then Sunday we were working on our income tax return and it slipped our mind. Well, pretty much last minute Ryan said he wanted to be Jack from the Magic Tree House books. Thank goodness this was a pretty easy thing to do. Notice the cover of the book to compare his outfit. We rolled up the jeans, had the backpack, glasses and even a similar shirt. The character Jack always has a notebook that he is jotting down things in so that is what Ryan is holding.

He looked adorable, but since it was the first day riding the bus, we just let him take the glasses in his backpack and rolled down his pants. He said he would do that once he got into his class. Smart kid!




3 comments:

amybbryant said...

Girl I took pictures the first FEW DAYS of bus riding. I was "that mom" who was smiling and waving like a wild woman as she drove up! And I'll do it again in the Fall for Ann Claire!
What a big boy! I bet he LOVED it!

Lisa B said...

Oh my heavens, he's practically a teenager! Riding the bus...what a huge step towards independence! What a good mommy you are letting him hop out of the nest!
Missing you all so much!
Aunt Seesa

Aimee said...

Aw, what a hard thing for you to do! I love his Jack costume! My kids loved those books!