Monday, November 01, 2010

Update from closing on 9/17

Life was a whirlwind so these updates will be short. I hate that I haven't been better about updating it bc my memory won't last and sometime down the road I will wish I could remember the events. But for now this is the best I can do. Hopefully Scott will be my memory as usual! I started packing immediately and each day was lived by faith - praying and hoping all would go through. Once all offers were accepted and inspecitons passed, I was breathing a bit more but then an issue with our roof came up. The buyers wanted it repaired. Each day we had something going on, either roof repair, or electrical repairs. It was crazy down to the last minute. Then we finally made it to the closing table and the buyers for our house didn't have their money wired in time. Thankfully they went ahead with the closing and all was ok. But then when we went to close on our new house we had an issue with our new homeowner's insurance. They called and said they had quoted us the wrong price. Well, Scott was so upset but on the phone with them for a LONG time as we were signing stuff. I was just praying the whole time and lo and behold he got it for even LESS than what they quoted us! So that meant our mortgage payment would be even less.

GOD was ALL over this! I truly believe it! We have been blessed & provided for in so many ways. Even down to the moving van. We had a garage sale last weekend to get rid of some stuff but also to help pay for some movers. Since we don't have any family in the area we didn't want to exhaust our friends like crazy. We did have a few friends that came and helped load and unload some things! Huge thank yous go out to Brian Sewell, Keith Finnegan, and Daniel Bates. Even friends like Katie Bates were amazing in helping keep the kids so we could get work done. We also were so blessed by Scott's boss. He let us use the work truck to move our stuff. So when Monday comes we will only have to use the 2 Men and a Truck for the heaviest and largest things we couldn't get. Amazing!

No comments: