Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Aiden!!!! BIG NUMBER ONE!






As I sit on the couch typing, my 4 yr old is watching Zoboomafoo. Where do they come up with these shows? And Aiden is tugging on me wanting more cake batter. That's right there are sweet comforting smells wafting through my house right now, as Aiden's birthday cake is baking in the oven. The boys so enjoyed licking the batter from the beaters and Ryan had to have the bowl, because he's four you know....almost five. That makes every extra his birth right in his mind. I can certainly remember licking the spoon and beaters when my mom baked goodies, but that was only when the big brother hadn't conned me out of it somehow. I wonder if Ryan and Aiden will look back on these times with fondness as I do?

I can't believe today is already Aiden's first birthday. As every mom says "Where has the time gone?" This passed year has flown by...I think because we are having so much fun. It has been such a blessing being able to be home with the boys since February. We have made so many memories together. Some hard, but all wonderful regardless.

This morning we went to Ryan's preschool to meet his 4K teacher Mrs. Molly. I think he already has a crush. He'll only be going 3 days a week this year. He has always gone at least 4 or 5 days while I was working. But this summer he stayed home and we have had so much fun going....hang on, the cake is done I have to go get it out of the oven....Ok, I'm back. The cake looks perfect and smells delicious. I hope the icing turns out ok. As I was saying...we've had so much fun going to the zoo, Science museum, gardens, and playing in the pool, on the trampoline, and even playing school around the house. Ryan knows all of his letters and their sounds...almost. We've been working on a few sight words this summer. He enjoys learning...or certainly the praise that comes with it. He doesn't like writing too much or using scissors. He's a lefty and I think he gets frustrated a bit. We're going to try and get him some of those left handed scissors. For now he would rather use my scrapbooking slide cutter. That's way cool to him. ..a boy and his tools. Hang on again...I'm gonna lay Aiden down for a nap.

Aiden is so pitiful today. He's been sick with the worst cold. You know the kind that greets you in the morning all running down his face and onto his crib rail as he stands there crying for you to get him out. I hope you get the visual...We had tubes put in a little over 2 weeks ago and he already has another ear infection. Blah! I can't believe it. We were so hoping they would do the trick and he wouldn't get another infection. So many friends said "oh we had tubes with our child and it was like he was a different baby the next day." Well, mine was different all right. He got sick...probably picked something up from the hospital. Oh but I'm not irritated at all. ;) We spent $250 for the surgery and now we had to spend $108 for the ear drops for the infection. So much for a birthday present.

I will be spoiling him rotten regardless of money or no money. I've been working all week on tagging things the boys have outgrown for a consignment sale. I have to turn it all in on Saturday and then the sale is late September. I can't wait to get some cash back on all that stuff that has cluttered up our house for almost 5 years. No more swings, bouncy seats, or baby clothes for me. A little sad to see it all go, but glad to clean out the house. There is also another consignment sale going on this weekend that the Birmingham Moms of Multiples puts on. I'm hoping to get some good deals for birthday presents. We are actually planning to go to Georgia next weekend (on my birthday) to celebrate Aiden's birthday with the grandparents. So we are really just going to have cake tonight and let Aiden dig in. Pictures will surely follow.

No comments: