Thursday, August 13, 2009

McWane Center

The summer is drawing to a close and many kids have already gone back to school. For us preschool parents that means the crowds are going down at fun places, so today we ventured out to the McWane Center. (That is the Kid's Science Museum and play center for those not from B'ham.) Ryan got so excited when I told him we were going to meet our friends Hudson, Kaitlyn, and their mom down there. Even the drive downtown was exciting for him. I remember as a kid loving the skyscrapers and buildings downtown. The kids had a blast and I think they could have stayed all day. Ryan is such a social butterfly. What a difference it makes to have a friend along. We started the day with a picnic lunch we took into the snack shop. Its funny how boys want to eat all day long when they are bored, but when they have a friend along eating is not top priority. The boys enjoyed just about everything there including: repairing the car, playing in the "Just Mice Size" play land, the tornado exhibit, the greenscreen weather forcast, playing archaelogists and digging for dinosaur bones, and they even managed to have fun in the gift shop. They were a little bit leery of the shark petting tank, which was the whole reason I was taking Ryan. I thought he would love it, but he was timid about touching them. Overall, the day was a blast! I think I may have had just as much fun as the kids!

1 comment:

Matt and Kim said...

That place looks awesome!!! I want to go play there!