Monday, August 09, 2010

Meet the Teacher

Oh how we love Mrs. Hanner already. It was great for Ryan to see his new classroom and meet his new Kindergarten teacher. He's been looking forward to it for some time. He kept saying he thought he would know someone in his class and I kept preparing him that no he would not. There was only one little boy that we knew going to his same school and I didn't think the chances were that good but lo and behold he is in Ryan's class. Ryan said, "see I told you so." Even with the sass, I was glad that he would know one person. He walked right in his class....a little nervous acting and the teacher thought he was gonna be shy. Oh what an awakening she is in for! He quickly opened up and met a new friend named Aidan. So when Ryan told him his brother's name was Aiden, he thought that was cool. His teacher was impressed that he had already learned to tie his shoes and asked him if he would help her teach the rest of the class. His head puffed up and he said "sure." She really doesn't know what she is in for! I also showed Ryan where he would have P.E. and where the library is. He thought it was SO cool that they had Magic Tree House books but was a little bummed that they don't check out books to Kindergarten students. He knows we can still go to the public library, so it doesn't look like I will be getting out of reading the stories about Jack and Annie anytime soon. There are like 40 something in the series. All in all it was a great day getting to see how my first baby is going to be spending his days. Ryan said, "just think Mama, You only have me one more day at home." Can he rubbed the salt in my wound any deeper? ugghh...I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast! We are looking forward to a great year.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Enjoy every precious moment - it goes so fast. So happy that Ryan is excited about his new adventure!