Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Okay, so the day has finally come. I really thought I would be okay, but I must say it kind of took me by surprise. We started the day with homemade pancakes made by Daddy. Well, no, let me back up. We started the day when Ryan came into our room before 6am. He said that he was too excited to go to school. After a very restless night, that was very-very early. So now, back to the pancakes...they were extra good. Ryan said that he helped Daddy make them and he put the "love" in them. So we got us all ready and got to the school pretty early. In fact, we had to drop him off in the early arrival room. If you get there after 7:45 you can go straight to the classroom. We checked him into the early room, got some photos, and said our goodbyes. I was fine until I had to turn and walk away. That's when the tears took over my body. I was crying so much I couldn't even see the steps on the way out. Thank goodness for sunglasses. We had to walk a long way because we had to park on the street due to the parking lot being full. But all in all, I did it.

Throughout the day, I would just think I was fine and then Aiden kept looking and asking for Bubba? Bubba? Even when I got home from dropping him off, I was excited to watch some grown up TV instead of Ryan's cartoons, but on the news was a story of a 7 yr old boy that had gone missing. --That was all she wrote and I was crying again. Sigh...I packed up Aiden and we went to Walmart. It was perfect, because we ran into our best buds who's boy had also started kindergarten today. We shared sob stories and laughed at ourselves. After Walmart, Aiden and I had lunch and then it was his naptime. He went down at noon and oh boy was the house quiet! That's when I knew I was going to like this school thing. ha, ha. But around 2pm I was counting down the minutes until 3 o'clock when I needed to pick him up. I couldn't wait so I left early. Well, traffic was already backed up and I got there 10 til 3! I had to wait 50 minutes in car line and it was 100 degrees, with a baby that I had to wake up from a nap. Surprisingly, Aiden was fine. He entertained himself with his goldfish. :) Now after waiting 8 hours to hear about Ryan's day when I picked him up, he gave me nothing. I mean no details. I couldn't believe it. I thought he would be talking my ears off. Nope. I asked question after question and he just said he couldn't remember. I was shocked. Then to top it off his shirt was on backwards. I asked him how that happened and again, he said he didn't remember. I guess instead of saying the pledge of allegiance now they have the kids take a vow of silence. I asked him if he had a good day and he said "oh yes." But still no details. Once we were home Aiden gave Ryan a huge hug, and then they stripped down their clothes and wanted to watch TV. That's it. Nothing more. I cooked supper and now that we are done, I'm only hoping to pull some more info out of him. The kicker is that he didn't even have any info in his backpack. Just a note on the agenda saying "Great first day!" Oh, now I'm sitting here on the couch and Ryan just said to Scott "hey Daddy, pretty soon you are gonna have grandkids!" I wanted details but not this! I can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings.

No comments: