Sunday, March 21, 2010

6 Flags Over Trussville-Spring Break

This Spring Break was pretty puny in the weather department so we didn't have a whole lot planned. We did hear that the carnival was coming to town so I definitely put that on the list of things to do. Last year we had seen the rides going up and planned on going but somehow missed it, and when we saw them taking down the rides Ryan had a fit. He was so sad and talked about it for about a month after. He just couldn't understand why we didn't go. SO this year there was no way I was going to miss it..or so I thought. We had planned on going at 1pm but there was a sign saying it wasn't open. I couldn't believe that I had to tell Ryan we couldn't go. I said "I have some bad news," and he started to cry that silent cry that about ripped my heart out. But we went ahead and made some plans to meet a couple of his friends at Burger King to play on the playground and have a milkshake. While we were there we heard the carnival would be opening at 4pm so I told Ryan I had a surprise for him. When I told him we were going to the carnival afterall you would have thought I told him we were going to Disney. The bad thing was I didn't bring my camera because I thought we weren't going. The good thing was my friend Katie had hers and took these pictures for us.The official name of this ride was the Sizzler but for some reason Ryan called it the Thunderbird....not sure why. Maybe it was the way the seats looked like they had wings...whatever the reason, it was fast! They started out in the seats on opposite sides but the force of the ride made them slide across and squish the inside person. It was hilarious! I must admit it scared me a bit though.

The Sizzler...or the Thunderbird was by far his favorite ride. He also liked the bumper cars but we didn't get a picture of those.
This was a mini-roller coaster and you would have thought he was in heaven. At first when Aiden saw him he cried, but after about 3 times he saw Ryan waas having fun and he cheered him on.


This was a runner up for his favorite ride. The top of the stairs was about 40 feet in the air and they slid down on the little blankets. He probably climbed to the top 10 times and road this again and again throughout the afternoon.

This was the only ride that could fit all his friends at the same time. The little girl next to Ryan is the same age as Aiden, but no way would Aiden sit still in the ride. I could just see Aiden trying to climb out, so he just sat in his stroller and watched from the side.


The motorcycles were pretty cool but according to Ryan they didn't go fast enough! He even stood up at one point to do tricks so the carnival guy had to stop the ride to make him sit down. oops! All in all it was a great time! By the way...notice we were sporting our green for St. Patrick's day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I almost wet my pants looking at the first few pictures! Hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!