Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I didn't have my camera with me for this one, but you will thank me later...

First you need to look at the pictures in my last post. Do you have that image in your head really clear? Ok, then go on with me for a day in the life with 2 boys. When I picked up Ryan from school today the weather was gorgeous. We couldn't go home on a day like this, so I took him and Aiden to the park. It's actually called the Mall for you locals. It's a nice big open field to run around and let the boys burn off some energy. There is a little old playground there along with some sand boxes that both boys love. We took Ryan's soccer ball and kicked it around and then I just let the boys run free. They were in heaven. Kind of like letting dogs out of a small fenced back yard.....

Speaking of dogs....if you have a dog and take it for a walk in the parks this post is for you! For the love of all that is pure and good, please, please, please pick up your poop! Ok, do you still have the image of the chocolate kiss in Aiden's hand from my last post? Well, it happened again today, but it wasn't a chocolate kiss! That's right, he grabbed the dog poop and had it all smeared on his hands. Ok, I know you are gagging. I almost threw up too. But I'm the one who had to grab him and carry him all the way back down to the van and clean him up with wipes and water from a 1/3 full water bottle. It was not a pretty or nice smelling afternoon. I managed to get all of us in the van with only a little watered down dog poop smell lingering along with us. We drove straight home and like dogs hanging out the window for fresh air we survived.

A few hours later, we are home, showered and overcoming the mild trauma. Aiden is down for a nap and, oh by the way, I know you are wondering....no, he did not get any in his mouth! Thank you God for small blessings!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, no he didn't!!!!!!!