Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy week, fun girl time, blown budget!

This was a busy week. It seems every day something out of the ordinary was going on. I started a new ladies Bible study on Tuesday, had soccer practice later that night, had a Real Estate Agent's luncheon on Wednesday at our house (which meant cleaning the day before,) and tonight I got to go to Kidsmarket-a huge consignment sale which was a ton of fun. And by the way tomorrow is Parent's Night Out at the Church (woo hoo!)

After dropping off the boys tonight at Scott's office I drove through a terrible thunderstorm and later to find out which was a tornado watch. I was praying nearly the entire way and just as I made one of the last turns to get to the consignment sale, the rain slowed down and I saw a beautiful rainbow. Thank you God for your beautiful promises.

The sale is a little overwhelming. I should have loaded up on caffeine beforehand. There is so much to look through and choose from, I decided to take it in shifts. I actually just took a break so I could have dinner with my friend Katie. I think this might easily become a tradition for us. This is my second year to consign along with Katie. We had gone to consign our things a couple of weeks back at 3:45am --yes that is in the wee hours of the morning. The earlier you get there the better shopping time you get. And lo and behold we got in the first shopping group-which means better picks of the discounts. The trouble was I didn't have a baby sitter today so I actually had to go 2 hours later than I was assigned. Tragedy I know, but Katie was faitfhul and made it there early. She was also kind to wait for me and stay for dinner at O'Charley's. After we had a great meal and great girl time I headed back to the sale. And I'm so glad I did. This time loaded up on soup and salad, I actually found more great things becuase some things had been put back on the shelf that weren't there the first go around. It made me want to go back even again tomorrow to see what else will have been reshelved (but that's not happening.) Budget is blown! I just hope what I earn from my sales will cover what I spent. Fun memories!

I really need to keep a camera with me at all times! I wish I had a picture of the night.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My question is this - were you able to count out your money correctly when you were checking out? That's my goal for tomorrow morning... I hope you left some things for the rest of us!!!! :)